Amerika Forum - USA 4 ALL - Informatie

Amerika forum door USA4ALL!

Amerika Vakantie Routes en hulp bij uw planning. Uiteraard kunt u hier ook terecht voor andere Amerikaans gerelateerde vragen over de Verenigde Staten van Amerika!
Als u zich registreert als lid, ziet u minder advertenties! Bovendien ziet u meer onderwerpen, zoals bijv. voorgestelde routeopties en krijgt u toegang tot de veel gestelde vragen. Bij aanmelding heeft u geen last meer van dit bericht.

limit on H1-B visas raised to 115,000 in July?

Discussie gestart

Kasj

non-winner of the DV-2004, DV-2005, DV-2006, DV-2007 and DV-2008.

entering DV-2010 - 2014 because my wife thought USAFIS would be a good idea. (uhum)

Kasj

ik zit nu op het werk, maar dit lijkt ook niet slecht.

http://www.h1base.com/details.asp?id=171&cat=49

als ze voor een paar honderd dollar een hoop werk voor je willen doen om een baan te vinden.
#2 - 27-02-2007, 09:21 uur
non-winner of the DV-2004, DV-2005, DV-2006, DV-2007 and DV-2008.

entering DV-2010 - 2014 because my wife thought USAFIS would be a good idea. (uhum)

Liberator

Nieuw!
ik zit nu op het werk, maar dit lijkt ook niet slecht.

http://www.h1base.com/details.asp?id=171&cat=49

als ze voor een paar honderd dollar een hoop werk voor je willen doen om een baan te vinden.

Ik heb een quote van iemand over H1Base:

Citaat van: Epaminondas
Thoughts on the www.h1base.com website.

The www.h1base.com website may be completely legitimate. I do not know.
However,I see a number of possible red flags that concern me.
To organize my thoughts for you, with specificity:

(1) I work in one of job categories mentioned as within the purview of the www.h1base.com website.
(2) I am self-employed - i.e, I am both an employee (my own) and an employer. I get unsolicited calls from job recruiters at least once a month - sometimes twice a week - both those trying to hire me away from my work, and those trying to place someone as an employee with me - so I have a pretty good feel for what current recruiting is like in my field from both the point of view of employee and from the point of view of employer.

It is good to be able to see the employment market from both sides.

Recruiters call themselves many things - recruiters, employment executives, employment counselors, whatever - but they are all basically the same thing.
The recruiting agencies that call me are all specialized - they only recruit in my field and in closely related fields.
I doubt that you are going to find a legitimate recruiting firm that can claim to handle many different fields with any degree of competence. There are just too many different industry cultures involved.

I actually talk to these recruiters - if I happen to have a little time to kill - just keep abreast of what the job market in my field is like.
"What am I worth?" I ask them.
But I would never actually use a recruiter to get a job or the hire someone for a job.
That would be silly.

Job recruiters are widely viewed in my industry as being just above insects in the evolutionary chain.
Others call them "leeches."

Jobs are instead typically obtained by networking or though the job placement services of my professional organization ("free" - it is part of why I pay my yearly dues) or by ads in the back of professional journals or by sending letters (not email!) to likely employers in the places that one might be interested in working.

Recruiters are used only as a last resort - usually when there are problems otherwise filling the position. Another red flag. Buyer beware

(3) The first question I always ask the recruiter is "how long have you been working as a recruiter?" Since I am pumping the guy for information about how the market is going, I need to know if he has at least been in the field for a few years to be able to judge changes in the market over time.

The usual answer from recruiters is three months to a year and a half. Occasionally - four years. Rarely - eight years. Longest ever - 12 years.
Recruiting is a high pressure field, working on commission, where you have to work long hours - including nights and weekends - to pull in a living.
The longer your hours, the more money you make.
There is a lot of burnout throughout the industry.
Turnover is similar to that at McDonald's.

Therefore - the statement on the www.h1base.com website that it will hook you up with an "employment counselor" with an average of fifteen years in the industry - well -
That, alone, leaves me pretty skeptical about the entire www.h1base.com website.

(4) In my field, if an employer did have to use to use a recruiter, he would pay the entire recruitment costs. The prospective employee would pay no fee.

The fact that www.h1base.com is set up to bill prospective employees, not employers, leaves me very, very, very skeptical.
This is simply not the way the recruiting industry works.
Not in my field, anyway.
And they list my field as one that they perform recruiting.

Do you smell a fish?

(5) Recruitment agency fees in my industry are generally in the $12,000-$20,000 range per hired employee.

Sometimes higher.
Never lower.
Never.

Additionally, some recruitment firms charge a $5,000-$6,000 retainer just to begin the search.

The www.h1base.com web site is charging $395 for a "guaranteed search."

Do you see anything - unusual - about that?

Consider also - the recruiters that call me have very high employment turnover despite charging these kind of fees.
Yet www.h1base.com claims to have "employment counselors" with an average of fifteen years experience available despite charging much lower fees.

Do you see anything odd about this?

True - there have been some attempts to revamp the economics of the employment industry via a Web-based model, similar to what has been done with the travel industry. Monster.com, etc.

This does not appear to have made significant inroads in my industry.
I.e - I get just as many unsolicited telephone calls from recruiters as I did ten years ago.
Fees seem to be similar over the years, adjusted for inflation.
And I am not receiving unsolicited resumes via email.

(6) If you look at the web site's "guarantee," you will see that it is not a money-back guarantee.

Nosireee!

It is just a guarantee that they will keep emailing your resume out to possible employers until you get a job.
This may mean that they will keep spamming prospective employers, unsolicited, with your resume until you get a job.

Which could be never.

If I were to get such an unsolicited resume, I would not even open the email.
I would delete it before opening.

(7) There are 55,000 Diversity Visa Lottery slots open each year. Your odds of getting a slot are perhaps one in 164.

There are 65,000 H1B visas alloted each year - with exceptions, here and there. What do you think your odds of getting an H1B visa are?
Particularly when using a questionable web site that "guarantees" that you will get one for $395?

Gimme a break.

Take a deep breath - calm down - and your friends will get you through this.

But please - please - stop getting excited over your latest web search on this matter.

You will just keep finding SHARKS via these web searches of yours.

Instead - you need to be connecting with real people who have actually done what you are trying to do.

Happy Fourth of July -

Epaminondas

Hier heb je wel nog een mogelijk interresante link:

http://www.mygreencard.com/review.php
#3 - 27-02-2007, 10:06 uur
« Laatst bewerkt op: 27-02-2007, 10:09 uur door Liberator »
American Patriot living in Europe

leden:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15